The major public squares in Paris is Concorde. It is the largest square in the French capital. It expand Measuring 8.64 hectares in area.
In 1763, king Louis XV was built at this site to celebrate the recovery of the king after a serious sickness. The square surrounding the statuette was created later, in 1772. The architecture was Jacques-Ange Gabriel. It was known as the place Louis XV.
It is a 23 meters tall monument in pink granite and weighs around 230 tons. In 1831, it was offered by the Viceroy of Egypt to Louis Philippe. It was only one of 3 obelisks offered by the Viceroy, but only one ended up being streamed to Paris.
Erected At each corner of the octagonal square stands statues that each symbolize a French city. Bordeaux, Brest, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Rouen and Strasbourg. They were fitted in 1836 by Jacob Ignaz Hittorf, while he was reformatting the Place de la Concorde. That same year a bronze fountain, called La fontaine des Mers was joined to the square. Later in 1839 a second fountain, the Elevation of the Maritime fountain, was installed. This fountain, like the first, was designed by Hittorf.