Palace of Versailles tour
If someone asks, what are the traditional and royal icons of France? The Palace of Versailles is on top of the answers list. It located about 20 km southwest of center of Paris, on address of Place d’Armes, 78000 Versailles, France. This iconic palace made with French Baroque architecture and contains more than 5,000 pieces of furniture and 6.000 paintings. This Palace was the principle royal residence of France from 1682 with Louis XIV, till France revolution in 1789 under Louise XVI.
Versailles tour from Paris airports
These information will be important if you are traveling to Paris by an Airplane
- CDG Airport to Versailles Paris – Distance from CDG airport to Palace of Versailles is 47 km. When you transfer with a public transport method (by bus or train) it spends more than 1 hour and 45 minutes with train or bus waiting time at stations. But you spend only 42 minutes with a private taxi/cab service.
- Orly Airport to Versailles – Distance from Orly airport to Palace of Versailles is only 27 km. But if you transfer with a Bus or a train it spends more than 1 hour and 36 minutes with train or bus waiting time at stations. But you spend only about 25 minutes with a private taxi service.
- Beauvais Airport to Versailles – Distance from the airport of Beauvais to Palace of Versailles is 99 km. When you transfer with a public transport method it spends two and half hours with train or bus waiting. It spends about 1 hour and 10 minutes with a private taxi service.
Best way to get to Versailles from Paris
In all above ways of public transports, the nearest train station to the Palace of Versailles is Gare des Chantiers which is 280m away from Versailles. You should have a 4 minutes of walk to enter the Palace of Versailles. But you can reach to the entrance of Versailles with a private taxi. You can take taxi service from any airport in Paris. And remember, Public train or bus is never coming to the airport to pick you. If simply say, the best way to transfer from Paris airports to Palace of Versailles is taking a taxi.
But all taxi services on airports in Paris don’t offer fix rates. It will comfortable if you could choose a cheap and a quality service among them. The Piyocab service offers competitive fixed rates and also they allows free bookings. If you changed your mind then you can change or cancel your booking later for free.
Palace of Versailles tickets
Here is the ticket pricing to visit Versailles
- Palace of Versailles entry ticket with audio guide – 18£
- Palace of Versailles all access passport entry with audio guide – 20£
- Exclusive ; Skip the line Versailles palace & gardens tickets with king’s apartment visit – 26£
- Versailles skip the line tour with audio guide – 30£
- Versailles palace skip the line + passport entry with audio guide – 35£
- Skip the line guided tour of Versailles palace ( 75 minute classic) – 40£
Palace of Versailles gardens
Gardens in Palace of Versailles covers 800 hectares with 300 hectares of forest and two French gardens as the Petit Parc and the Trianon. Gardens consist with 372 statuses, 600 fountains, 55 water features and 35 km of canals.
The garden is open every day at 8am to 8pm. But the Palace close on Monday and the Trianon garden and Marie Antoinette’s Estate are only open at afternoon, these are also closed on Monday.
These gardens are a massive example for French style of gardens. The experience on garden is not only a tour to study royal history and art of France. This tour will make you fresh in your mind on every step you walk around the garden.